Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Old Friend?


Old Friends are a rare reality these days. I just got in the mail my invitation to my 25th high school reunion and at first i thought that it could be cool to see everyone again, then the more I thought about it the question that nagged me was: "who is everyone?" I mean I have seen almost no one from my graduating class in those 25 years. I use excuses like well I was married BEFORE I graduated and had to grow up quick. But the pattern is what haunts me. It's been my mode of operation for way too long, to take old friends for granted and before long you realize you haven't talked in two years. I know that we grow apart from some as our values and seasons of life change, but I could do so much better to cherish old friends. I am traveling to Mexico tomorrow, along the way some old friends will cross paths with me. Pastor Kevin from New Mexico, Ron the clerk at the Econolodge in El Paso ( I found out Mary Lou from the Econolodge passed away last March), I'll see Patie and her family, some youthworks people, Chila and all those whom we have built homes for. I rejoice in all of those relationships and I miss some old friends too.

Pray for us as we go. We will be gone from 7-13 through 8-1.
thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home