Saturday, August 26, 2006

the mystery of time travel

Time travel is one of those nagging questions mankind has yet to answer. The goal would be to travel back or forward in time and see or affect the things that happened in the past or will happen in the future. Most of us have watched at least part of the Back To The Future trilogy, [another highly rated movie on the "Craigscale"]. Most of us have a few moments in time where we wish that we could go back and make some different decisions.

As I age I believe that I am discovering a form of time travel. You see, yesterday it was June 1st and today, well, I woke up and it’s nearly the end of August! How can this be? I experienced so much this summer yet it has passed me by at light speed. I drove about 6,000 miles, backpacked 23 more. Went 124 miles an hour on a roller coaster soaring to 420 feet. Jumped in Lake Superior form a cliff and walked on a dusty Mexican hilltop. Cried and laughed ‘til I cried. Felt close to God and in the center of His will and have felt alone, far from Him. I’ve slept in tents, on floors, in vans, on the couch, on a beach, on a mountain, under a zillion stars on a bluff. I met some great people and got to know many more along the way. Been to weddings and the hospital several times. Played baseball and kissed newborn babies. I broke and fixed lawnmowers, cars and a computer along the way. To top it all off I was only with my wife at home about 12 days all summer.

All of these things happened to me, I was there, I’m sure of it. But where did it go? I guess the mystery of time travel is still a mystery after all. Happy Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home