Wednesday, November 29, 2006

“Good Bye, I Love You.”


He’s off, our son Matt that is. In a series of very fast decisions he left his job at Belle Tire and decided to move to California so he could work at a Ski Lodge and Snowboard for free, all winter long. He has been so excited for the last few days he hasn’t been sleeping much and has been pacing around the house in between saying his farewell’s to family and friends.
Now he is gone. As I am writing this his plane is landing in Reno, Nevada.

I know that it is good for him to go and spread his wings.
I know that God will care for him wherever he lands.
I know God has a purpose in all He does.
I know all of this and it still hurts.

It pains me to know that 23 years have gone by so incredibly fast and I was way to busy for most of those years.
I read a book recently entitled “Six Battle Every Man Must Win”, by Bill Perkins and I have added a saying to my quote wall from within it's pages of wisdom:

“There Is Nothing Your Children Need From You More Than Your Blessing.”

God bless you Matthew.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer D. said...

OK now I am balling in school, great :) I stole this picture for my blog...

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home