Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Rest Before The Drive


Soon and very soon we are entering the twilight zone portion of our 2007 Mexican Adventure in Missions, that being the 36 hour driving marathon. In order to prepare for this bodily punishment, that begins Thurday night, I have been trying to rest more. A week ago I was struggling to sleep at all. Several nights I was kept awake by the four billion things my brain was processing at the same time. That makes for restless times staring at the dark ceiling. Just ask my wife! However, as the day draws near I am happy to report that I have been sleeping much better. Two out of the last three nights I was able to log about 11 hours of sleep each night, ahhhhhh! Hopefully tomorrow I can accomplish that feat again.
Thank You God!
Once again the Lord is providing for the trip. Hudson Taylor has a great quote: "God's work done God's way will never lack God's supply." As of this post we are only $700.00 short of our financial goal, which a week ago we were $6,000.00 short of the money we needed to accomplish our goals! We are rebuilding Cecelia's house that was burned to the ground last summer and we are attempting to get the bunkhouse to the place where teams can use it, including finishing the bathrooms, drywall, outside trim, etc.
My prayer is that we are doing God's work God's way trusting His supply!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer D. said...

I talked to you yesterday, I am glad to hear everything is going well :) Gob bless with your projects. I know it will be a great trip. I'm not in labor yet :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger everyone's favorite pixie said...

I know the trip must have been awesome! I am so jealous! :) I'm glad David got to go with you too! See ya later Craigy!

9:40 AM  
Blogger **Kathryn Joy** said...

Welcome Home, Craig! Hope the trip was great!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home